Welcome to Instavans Terms of Insurance (TOI). Terms of Insurance provided by Oriental Insurance Company Ltd. for transit damage risks of the consignments booked through Instavans Logistics Pvt. Ltd. (ILPL) platform:
1. The Consignments booked through ILPL only are covered. The insurance is optional and needs to be selected/opted for prior to booking the order on any of the platforms of ILPL or when order is placed through ILPL Ltd Call center.
Loss or damage to the Cargo due to:
2.1. Fire, lightning, breakage of bridges, collision with or by the carrying vehicle, overturning of the carrying vehicle, accidents of like nature to the carrying vehicle.
2.2. Burglary/Theft/Non-delivery/Accidental damage while loading/unloading.
2.3. Flood, Tempest, Strom & Inundation.
3. The Transit within the city limit of Bangalore are only covered (intra-city transits)
4. Weight of consignment must not exceed the maximum weight limit for the respective vehicle prescribed in the ILPL Platform and RC Book.
5. Claim will be settled with the Cargo Owner directly by Oriental Insurance Pvt. Ltd.
6. Specific Permission to be obtained for Over Dimensional Cargo before transporting.
7. Consignment must be packaged as per regular customary packaging.
8. Claim intimation should be within 24 hours of the trip start time along with trip details viz., Trip ID, Pickup Location, Delivery Location and location where the damaged consignment is kept for Oriental Insurance Survey/Surveyor’s visit. If the claim is intimated after 24Hours of trip start time, no claim is admissible.
8.1. Contact Details:
|Phone Number||: +91 7677234234|
|Email Support||: email@example.com|
9. The Maximum Insurance coverage limit: Rs.500000/- only
For consignments with value up to Rs. 10,000/- : 0.25% of consignment value subject to a minimum of Rs.1,000/-
For consignments with value above Rs.10,000/- : 0.50% of consignment value subject to a minimum of Rs.3,000/-
As there is no recovery rights, claim will be settled at 80% of assessed loss/admissible claim amount.
11. PREMIUM: Fixed Insurance Premium of Rs. 50 (Inclusive of all Taxes) per trip.
The damage to the consignment is to be intimated to ILPL immediately and the Assessment of loss shall be through one of Oriental Insurance panel surveyors. The claim shall be settled by Oriental Insurance Company Ltd. subject to submission of claim documents, and assessment of loss by the Surveyor.
The claim documents to be submitted:
- Proof of transit from ILPL.
- Immediate claim intimation.
- Statement by the Truck driver regarding the cause of loss.
- Description of cargo.
- Date, time and place of loss/accident.
- Claim form completed by the Shipper/Customer and ILPL.
- Proof of value of loss.
- RC/DL of the vehicle/driver at the time of accident.
In case of theft /burglary of the consignment, FIR is to be filed with the Police authorities. Any other documents on case to case basis (if required)
The required documents are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and ILPL will forward the claim request to Oriental Insurance Company Ltd. For processing.